It’s hard to keep up with the latest information technology trends, news, and issues. These blogs offer a range of interesting and thoughtful resources to make sure you know what is influencing and shaping your industry:
- ITWorld.com: ITworld offers tech decision makers, industry leaders, and other IT influencers a unique environment for gathering and sharing information that will help them do their jobs. This resource has you covered with everything from a short list of key products in a specific product category and advice on how to approach a technical challenge to a quick primer on an emerging technology.
- Mashable.com/tech: Mashable has the latest news and trends in tech as well as a wide range of other areas. While it may not be the most hard-hitting, it is a great resource for how tech impacts—and is impacted by—daily culture and entertainment. Who doesn’t want to know why Kylie Jenner tanked Snapchat’s value?
- ZDNetcom: ZDNet brings together the reach of global and the depth of local, delivering 24/7 news coverage and analysis on the trends and tech. Whatever your role in IT, ZDNet provides support, from investigating options to optimizing a solution. This blog is a great resource for professionals seeking to research technology-related issues and solve business technology problems.
- Blog.Codinghorror.com: Coding Horror is written by Jeff Atwood, an experienced software developer with a particular interest in the human side of software development. He researches things he finds interesting—this is a great resource for real software issues and applications.
- Wired.com/category/threatlevel/: Wired Threat Level is a well-known blog focused on tech and gear. Wired covers privacy, crime, and security online, digging into hacks and workarounds and reporting on the latest security news impacting the IT industry and consumers.
- MIT’s Technology Review: This blog (The Download) is looking toward the future. It doesn’t give you what is trending now—it gives you what will be trending, and it explains how it works.
- TechCrunch.com: Founded on June 11, 2005, TechCrunch is dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to covering new companies, TechCrunch profiles existing companies that are making an impact online.
- FastCompany.com: Fast Company is a progressive business media outlet with a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world-changing ideas, and design. While not solely focused on tech, this blog inspires readers to think beyond traditional boundaries and inspire ideas for the future of tech.
- Blogs.ittoolbox.com: IT Toolbox has a number of working IT pros who talk about technology and management issues. There are specialist blogs dealing with security, databases, and project management, among other subjects. It’s a versatile resource that covers almost every area of IT.
- Gizmodo.com: Gizmodo covers the latest and coolest gadgets, toys, and inventions—from UHD TVs and eCigs to USB drives. You will love the fun pop culture aspect, but also the serious technology news.
Staying on top of the latest tech news and tips can be time-consuming, but these sites make it easy and enjoyable. With the right resources, you’ll have no trouble keeping up with the industry.